It is a dessert and a cake where one can see himself. What else does a person want? (Mirror Glaze Cake Recipes)
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:- (Mirror Glaze Cake Recipes)
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 and a half cup cream (for the eggs)
- 1 and a half cup white chocolate (with over 30% cocoa butter)
- 2 cups chilled cream (for whipping)
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with a mixer until it is frothy, then add sugar to it slowly. Beat until a lemon-colored and fluffy mixture is obtained.
- Heat the cream in a pot over moderate heat until steaming but do not boil, then slowly add half of the cream with the eggs, make sure not to cook the eggs by pouring in too much cream inside before it is mixed.
- Pour the warm egg mixture into the pot with rest of the cream and cook over a low flame with continuous stirring until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon without dropping off much.
- Add the white chocolate until it is smooth and then transfer the mixture to a bowl and press cling a film onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Chill it completely.
- When the white chocolate mixture is set then beat the cold cream in a bowl until stiff peaks. Do not overmix.
- Carefully add in the white chocolate mixture into the cream, little by little, until it is folded in completely. Set it aside for later use.
MIRROR GLAZE:- (Mirror Glaze Cake Recipes)
- 300 milliliters of water
- 1 and a half cups sugar
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 15 gelatin sheets
- White chocolate chopped (with over 30% cocoa butter)
- Gel food coloring
- Boil the water and sugar with condensed milk in a pot for around 1 minute and then remove it from heat.
- Bloom up the gelatin in about 8 cups of cold water for 5 minutes, then remove the gelatin sheets with excess water and mix it into the sugar mixture.
- Pour the liquid over the chocolate and let it sit for around 2-3 minutes and let the chocolate to soften.
- Now blend the chocolate and the liquid but make sure not to blend in air bubbles by lifting the blender too high. Make sure it is all blended with as little bubbles as possible.
- Sieve the mixture into a large jug or a vertical container to remove any bubbles. If bubbles are still there then continue to sieve again and again. Remove the bubbles on the surface by manually popping them with a toothpick.
- Separate the glaze into different containers and color them as per desire. Blend in the coloring with the glaze until the color is evenly distributed and then cover each container with the film, pressing the film into the glaze to ensure that there is no skin formed.
- While using the glaze, make sure that each one is around 90-96°F. Pour the colored glazes back into a container. Then glaze the cake with it.
MIRROR GLAZE CAKE:- (Mirror Glaze Cake Recipes)
- 1 White Chocolate Mousse
- 500 gm of seedless strawberry jam
- 2 round vanilla cakes, with 1 cm of thickness
- 1 Mirror Glaze
- Spread the jam evenly over the bottom of a round cake pan and then place a cake on top. Freeze it completely.
- In a silicone round cake mold, pour 2/3 of the chocolate mousse and then tap the mold on the table to release the air bubbles.
- Place the frozen cake & the jam disc on the top of the mousse with the jam-side down. Press the cake down slightly and then cover it with rest of the mousse.
- Now place the second cake on top, pressing it down until the mousse rises up to the level of the cake.
- Then carefully transfer it to a freezer and freeze it overnight. It is necessary that the cake is 100% frozen.
- Place a can on the top of a baking sheet and carefully unmold the cake onto the can. Make sure to work quickly and the glaze is already prepared.
- When the mirror glaze is between 90-96°F then pour the glaze over the cake in a circular motion while making sure to start from the center and all the way outwards.
- Since the glaze will immediately start to set due to the cold temperature of the cake, so do not pour a second round of the glaze after the first one.